SHAMS Free Zone License
We Charge No Fees for Setting Up Your Company in SHAMS (Sharjah Media City Free Zone).
That’s right – the cost for business setup in SHAMS Free Zone is the exact same you would pay if you were starting a company on your own with the SHAMS (Sharjah Media City Free Zone).
About SHAMS Free Zone
Sharjah Media City Free Zone is in the Emirate of Sharjah. Launched in 2017 with a vision “to make creative entrepreneurship accessible and inspire business growth”; it aspires to emulate the success of Dubai Media City.
While the focus of the free zone is on the creative sector, it welcomes professionals of all backgrounds and has one of the most diverse portfolios of businesses amongst UAE free zones. Moreover, due to its affordable license packages, it has attracted SME’s from around the region and beyond.
SHAMS Business Setup
The first step to getting started is to have a free consultation with our specialists to ensure this free zone is a perfect match for your business idea. We will subsequently provide you with all the forms you need to incorporate your business.
The incorporation process can be done entirely remotely, which means that your presence in the UAE is not required.
Once we have verified that all your documents are complete, we will submit them to the SHAMS registrar. It takes less than a week to get your license. When your business is incorporated, you can open a business bank account and commence trade! Ask us how we can support you with UAE visa processing (if needed).
Why SHAMS Free Zone?
SHAMS free zone has earned a strong reputation amongst the local start-up community due to its low incorporation fees and minimal red tape.
Here are some key benefits of incorporating in SHAMS (Sharjah Media City Free Zone):
- Company setup options starting from AED 5,750.
- No need for annual audit and paid-up share capital.
- Presence in the UAE is not required for incorporation.
- No need for a no-objection certificate from your employer.
- Allocation of up to 6 visas on a shared desk facility.
- No corporate taxation.
- Swift incorporation.
- SHAMS does not require deposits or guarantees for visas.
Type of SHAMS Free Zone License
SHAMS offers the opportunity for almost any type of business to incorporate within its jurisdiction.
The different types of licenses issued by the SHAMS Free Zone are:
- Industrial: License for the production, re-production, transformation, and manufacturing of goods.
- Service: License for businesses focused on professional services. Service license includes rendering services as a primary objective and utilizing goods to provide them.
- License for selling goods within SHAMS or importing and exporting of goods. It includes movement of goods, wholesale and retail sale of goods, and rendering of services related to the sale of these goods.
- Holding: License for holding standalone assets or shares in other companies.
- Social Media Influencer: License for social media influencers.
Documents Required for SHAMS Company Formation (Individual Shareholder)
The following documents are required for an individual shareholder in Sharjah Media City Free Zone:
- Application form.
- Passport copy.
- Emirates ID and UAE visa copy (if the shareholder is a UAE resident).
- If not a UAE resident, latest UAE entry stamp (if available).
- A business plan is required for certain business activities.
Documents Required for Business Setup in SHAMS (Corporate Shareholder)
The following documents are required for a corporate shareholder in Sharjah Media City Free Zone:
- Application form.
- Notarized and attested copy of board resolution.
- Notarized and attested copy of memorandum and articles of association.
- Notarized and attested copy of the business license.
- Notarized and attested copy of the certificate of incorporation.
- Notarized and attested copy of a certificate of good standing (if requested).